- FIND A JOB
- START A BUSINESS
- GET EDUCATION AND JOB TRAINING
- ACCESS LEGAL ADVICE
- LOCATE RESOURCES
- JOIN THE IMMIGRANT PROFESSIONALS PROGRAM
- ACCESS CITY SERVICES
Support Diversity in the Workforce:
By partnering with the Welcoming Center by hiring one of our jobseekers, you are joining a community of companies who believe that a diverse workforce is a more competitive one in our global economy.
Why is diversity important in the workforce? As a company who values diversity, you are making your company stronger by:
- Utilizing the international talent that is already right here in our region.
- Hiring members of a wide range of ethnic communities who live in the region and will become more familiar with your company’s goods and services.
- Increasing your company’s language capacity to better communicate with customers, clients, as well as internally with staff of the same language group.
- Tapping into the business and social networks of the international workforce.
- Increasing capacity for dealing with customers, distributors, and competitors of different backgrounds.
- Increasing flexibility for holiday coverage and awareness of international holidays, which may affect how other companies operate.
- Positioning your company as a diverse, internationally conscious enterprise responsive to the needs and changes of the global economy.
Are you interested in joining this community of diversity-minded companies? Contact our Deputy Director Bahiya Cabral-Johnson at 215-557-2868 to know more about how you can support diversity in the workplace.