The Welcoming Center takes pride in serving as a reliable resource for immigrants, service providers, small business owners, and the general public. Every day we answer questions such as:
- Where can I find an English language class near my home?
- How do I register my child for school?
- Where can I learn about creating a business plan?
- How do I get a driver’s license?
For some of the questions we receive, our experienced staff members provide information. For others, we connect individuals with regional organizations with whom we partner. Providing clear, accurate information or connecting inquiries to a trusted resource is a very important part of what we do.
SOME OF THE MOST COMMON AREAS OF INQUIRY INCLUDE:
- Learning English
- Identification and documentation
- Legal issues
- Public benefits
- Government and consulates
- Understanding money matters
- Obtaining an education
- Social services
If you have a legal question, you can also make an appointment for our legal clinic.