IF YOU HAVE BEEN INVITED BY AN EMPLOYER FOR AN INTERVIEW, IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW A FEW THINGS:
- Do your homework. Know the company and understand the position that you are applying for. Many times, employers will ask you questions like: "Why do you want this job?" or "What makes you the best candidate?"
- Be on time. Allow yourself plenty of time to get there. It's okay if you are a little early, but not if you are late. Employers will take that as a sign that you will be late for work or that you are not interested.
- Look neat and presentable.
- Answer questions in complete sentences.
- Do not be afraid to ask questions at the end of the interview. However, it is not a good idea to ask about salary on your first interview. Salary and benefits are generally discussed after you have been offered a job.
At the Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians, we can help you sharpen your interview skills, and help you prepare your resume and cover letter. We can help you find a job that you are best qualified for. We'll walk you through the interview process, teach you about the importance of paying your taxes, and even help you with budgeting your finances to ensure good credit standing for you.
Call our intake coordinator, Toni Thomas at (215) 557-2847 or email her at email@example.com.