In addition to our region-wide ESL class list (which includes 120+ classes offered by different organizations), the Welcoming Center also offers our own English, Civics, and GED/ABE classes. All classes begin in August 2014 unless otherwise noted:
- English at our Center City office
- Civics at our Center City office
- ABE/GED at our Center City office- Available Spaces
- Vocational Literacy at our Center City office (Ongoing)
- College Prep English at our Center City office- Available Spaces
- Age 18 or older
- Live in Delaware County or Philadelphia County
- Have valid immigration status
The schedule for our class sessions is as follows:
|Summer, 2016||Fall, 2016||Winter, 2017||Spring, 2017|
|August 15||October 31||January 30||April 17|
If you have questions or are interested in attending one of our classes, contact Talease Cleveland at 215-557-2558 or email@example.com to schedule an intake session and assessment. All potential students must attend a session before they are eligible to sign up for class.
Please Note: Individuals who believe they may be candidates for "Deferred Action" (also known as "DREAM Act-eligible youth") can contact the Welcoming Center for information and referral to appropriate legal and educational resources. Call Desirée Welborn Wayne at 215-557-2550.